Understanding Formats with Patrick Uden
This course is eligible for bursary funding
This course takes the form of a masterclass and workshop.
- Why formats work? Analysis and insight into current UK TV formats.
- The role of formats - Look at the economic and logistical rationale for creating formats
- Mechanics of a Format - the building blocks of a format including structure, timing
- Casting and Characters - understanding the role contributors play
- Tasks and Challenges - how to develop tasks that work
- Format Points and Format Bibles
- A detailed ‘case study’ of the UK version of The Apprentice
Do I need to bring anything to the course?It’s advisable to bring a pen and some notepaper. Otherwise, all you need is a receptive mind and your energy and enthusiasm.
Is lunch provided?We keep you replenished with teas, coffee, biscuits and fruit. We don’t provide lunch – although there are a number of sandwich shops, cafes, restaurants close by, as well as a supermarket.
What if I have to cancel?If you cancel more than 10 working days before the course date, you will get a full refund. If you cancel with less notice, or once the course has been confirmed the full course fees are still due. We will however endeavour to get you onto to a future course as and when we have a spare space. Although this cannot be guaranteed and will usually involve you being offered the place at short notice, we have a great track record of making sure people get their training – even it takes a bit of time.
Approximately 10 people.
Times10:00-17:30 (Please arrive at 09:15 for course induction.)
Cancellations must be in writing and must be received at least 10 working days prior to the course date or the full fee will be charged. DV Talent reserves the right to cancel courses at any time (e.g. if there are insufficient enrolments) without liability, and delegates will be offered an alternative date or full refund. In booking a course, you are acknowledging you have read and accepted our Terms and Conditions.