CC-TV: Looking out for Leaders in TV
This course is eligible for bursary funding
The TV industry is changing. And fast. This major new business and management training programme is designed to help the next generation of creative leaders adapt and thrive.
This pioneering 6 month scheme will equip a select group of 20 ambitious executives, entrepreneurs and producers with core skills for managing and leading creative organisations, as well as the commercial and financial knowledge for building a successful TV business in the rapidly evolving digital world.
It will offer:
- 1:1 mentoring from some of the industry's most influential figures
- A 360° understanding of the evolving business of TV through masterclasses and workshops
- The skills needed to analyse and implement business opportunities, devise and execute a business plan
- The opportunity to raise your profile and expand your network of useful industry contacts
It has wide industry support, from Lee & Thompson, the leading media law firm and Grant Thornton, auditors, accountants, and leading business advisers to SMEs in the TV sector, and PACT, the UK trade association representing the commercial interests of independent TV, feature film, digital, children's and animation companies.
It will be designed and delivered by Jill Tandy (consultant specialising in talent development and training programmes for senior film and TV professionals), DV Talent (the leading independent training provider and career agency for creative media professionals), in collaboration with Professor John Bates, Fellow, Strategy and Entrepreneurship, London Business School, and executive coaches: Janet Evans (Adsum Consulting), Steve Turner (Learnlab) and Clare Brigstocke.
The course is being run in partnership Lee & Thompson, and supported by Grant Thornton and Pact.
Are you committed to succeeding in the UK television business?Are you facing challenges in your career or your business?
Are you looking to keep up with the sweeping changes besetting the broadcast industry?
Do you want support to move forward and effect change?Do you want to expand your cutting edge knowledge of the international business of television; learn how to identify and implement new business opportunities; understand how to be a good leader and manage an effective team; extend your useful contact network and raise your profile in the industry?If so, CC-TV is for you.We are looking for a complementary cohort of 20 ambitious participants determined to succeed in any sector of the TV industry.You may be an executive, a producer or another creative entrepreneur. You may be working independently or encouraged to apply by your employer. You may be working in any programme genre, or in any field, including production, broadcasting, exploitation of ancillary rights, marketing, corporate affairs, sales, legal, finance, or even in an associated industry.You will need to demonstrate a proven track record in your area of expertise, excellent communication skills and, above all, the motivation to succeed.Whilst this programme is open to applicants at all levels of seniority, we would recommend that at least three years' relevant experience and a good working knowledge of the industry is required to obtain the full benefit from it.
You will need to have a proven track-record at a senior level in TV - or related industry. You must be either a national or resident of the UK
The programme will be delivered over 6 months and contain the following components :
- 1:1 mentoring with a senior industry mentor matched with the participant’s needs (we have recruited 20 high level mentors who are CEOs and department heads from a broad range of companies, genres and disciplines)
- Creation of cross-industry peer network
- 3 days' intensive strategic training in how to build a creative business, put together and lead a team and develop a business plan, delivered by professors from the London Business School
- 4 days' practical business training: a series of masterclasses and meetings with senior industry practitioners on key topics ( the international market place; working with US and UK broadcasters; developing, packaging and financing content; building a business, raising finance and packaging a business for sale and what the digital future holds
- 2 days' workshops and training on effective leadership in creative businesses
- Additional optional masterclasses on a variety of leadership and business related subjects.
- Evening learning groups to deal with leadership and business issues
- A concerted marketing and advertising plan to raise the profile of the scheme and the participants
- Networking events, industry meetings and reading materials
- Access to a private intranet with information and communication tools
- Anna Higgs, commissioning executive, Film4.0
- Christine Corner, partner, Grant Thornton
- Jeremy Gawade, partner, Lee and Thompson
- John Smithson, creative director, Arrow Media
- Ken Anderson, Executive Director & Chief Creative Officer – August Media Holdings
- Laura Mansfield, managing director, Outline productions
- Lorraine Heggessey, executive chair, Boom Pictures
- Louise Pedersen, managing director, ALL3MEDIA International
- Melanie Leach, managing director, Twofour
- Murray Ferguson, chief executive, Clerkenwell Films
- Paul Trijbits, executive producer
- Richard Bradley, managing director, Lion Television
- Cat Lewis, CEO and Executive Producer, Nine Lives Media
- Richard Davidson-Houston, head of online, Channel 4
- Richard Lever, partner – head of television group, Lee and Thompson
- Sebastian Scott, founder, Predictable Media
- Stephen Lambert, chairman/ chief executive, Studio Lambert
- Stephen McDonogh, head of co-production funding, content & production, BBC Worldwide
- Terry Back, partner - media and entertainment group, Grant Thornton
How do I apply? There will be an application process. Register your interest and we will notify you in due course when the application process is open.
What is the selection process? Around 30 candidates will be shortlisted and invited to attend an interview in London. The successful candidates will be selected on the basis of career background, references and reasons for wishing to attend the programme. We will not be able to give feedback to unsuccessful applicantsCC-TV is heavily subsidised by Creative Skillset’s TV Skills Fund and means participants on the scheme will have to pay a fee of just £2250 plus VAT.
Cancellations must be in writing and must be received at least 10 working days prior to the course date or the full fee will be charged. DV Talent reserves the right to cancel courses at any time (e.g. if there are insufficient enrolments) without liability, and delegates will be offered an alternative date or full refund. In booking a course, you are acknowledging you have read and accepted our Terms and Conditions.