Shoot & Direct: Sony FS7
This course is eligible for bursary funding
This highly practical, intensive course will teach you everything you need to know to get filming with confidence on the Sony FS7, and how to get to grips with its continuous super slow motion capabilities. Structured so that the crucial theory is interspersed with hands-on exercises, the course will take you step-by-step through setting it up to film with full manual control, teach you the camera’s technical strengths (and weaknesses), record broadcast quality sound, as well as showing you how to handle the tapeless workflow. More than simply covering the technical aspects of the camera for self-shooters, though, the course will also teach you key directing skills including framing, shot composition, building sequences, and shooting for the edit, so you can film material for broadcast.
- An overview of the camera and its extras
- Setting up the camera with rigs, brace, tripods etc
- Using matte boxes and filters
- Setting up menus, including recording quality for video, custom functions, and frame rates
- Tapeless recording: using compact flash cards, including which ones to use
- Exposure, shutter speed, ISO settings and white balance
- Making best use of available light
- The best lenses for using with this camera
- Audio recording- the options available, avoiding pitfalls, and recommendations.
- Ingesting footage and transcoding for the edit
- Slow motion shooting
Up to 6 delegates
Times10:00-17:30 (please arrive 15 minutes early for induction on the first day)
Cancellations must be in writing and must be received at least 10 working days prior to the course date or the full fee will be charged. DV Talent reserves the right to cancel courses at any time (e.g. if there are insufficient enrolments) without liability, and delegates will be offered an alternative date or full refund. In booking a course, you are acknowledging you have read and accepted our Terms and Conditions.